Now that you’ve spent countless hours lounging on the couch, binging Tiger King, testing your skills in the kitchen, cleaning every surface in your home, and downloading Tik-Tok even though you said you never would, it’s settling in that this may be the new normal for a little while. Finding ways to support your favorite local businesses can be the next thing to check off your to-do list. Many places have made adaptations to their businesses, making it easier than ever to shop local from your home! We recommend lounging in one of our cozy Uffda Crew Necks (because UFFDA).
Some of the best ways to support all of your local favorites:
- Buy gift cards. This helps with cash flow, and will be fun to use later! Plan the next few date nights with your partner by purchasing gift cards now or surprise your friend with a gift card to their favorite local shop or restaurant.
- Order in. When you’re a little too cozy on the couch, just order from your favorite local eateries. Many are offering delivery and take out services!
- Pay upfront rather than choosing options that let you pay later. Many businesses need more cash flow right now and this is a great way to help get that going!
- Spice up your social media feed and get tagging! Liking, commenting, and sharing social media posts gets businesses lots of exposure. If you order in or do some local online shopping take a cute picture for your Insta-feed and tag the business. Any exposure is great for small shops right now, and you might just inspire one of your friends to support that business too!
Just to name a few, here are some of our local favorites and how to show support:
- Call ahead at 701-532-0506 for curbside pick up. Check out the rotating list online of available beers & merch. Enjoy in one of our Fargo Beer Mugs on your patio (unless it’s snowing, then back to the couch it is!)
- Drekker is also being awesome, and donating all proceeds from this shirt to the All Together FM Fund, which is raising money for bar and restaurant workers impacted by the COVID-19 crisis. Check out the story behind the shirt here on their instagram or facebook page.
- Support Sandy’s by placing an order over the phone, going online, or downloading their app. Currently you can even order a DIY donut kit as a fun activity to keep the kids occupied and full!
- Sandy’s is also donating $5 of every heart donut box to buy gift cards to local restaurants for healthcare workers. You can support local by supporting local, uffda that’s nice!
- Order online for delivery and take out. Treat the office to the best bagels in town or Zoom your friends over a drool-worthy brunch spread.
- 20 Below
- While you can’t get a freshly made latte, you can enjoy 20 Below’s beans at home! Place an order online, brew at home, and pour yourself a cup into The Fargo mug. Instagram worthy for sure.
- Shop your favorite local artists online! Shipping is free over $75, or you can set up a time to pick up your purchase if you live in town (while social distancing of course).
- Bored in the house? Unglued is offering virtual workshops and DIY kits for all ages! Check it out here.
- Wild Terra
- Order online for curbside pick up! Just because we can’t enjoy a happy hour at our favorite local cidery doesn’t mean we can’t at home! Just think, happy hour + sweatpants. What could be better? Enjoy in our 701 Pint glass!
- Thunder Coffee
- Order online for delivery, or stop by their drive thru window for a social distancing cup-of-joe. You can also pick up some of your favorite canned brews while you’re at it. One stop shop and you don’t even have to get out of your car!
- Mint & Basil
- While we can’t stop by the shop, Mint & Basil makes online shopping a great experience. They’re offering great discount codes, and including a free bath bomb with every order. Order yourself a quarantine outfit or send your friend an adorable planter for their birthday!
- This pizza place is offering up lots of options when it comes to pizza. You can order a woodfired pizza to go, frozen ready to bake versions, or a pizza kit to put together at home. Get the whole family involved and have a pizza shop right in your own kitchen!
- 46 North Pints & Provisions
- 46 North is offering take and bake options for family size meals. Give them a call at 701-532-0986 Wednesday-Sunday to place your order, and just pop it in the oven at home. You can also order your favorite beer or wine to accompany your take and bake meal! Enjoy in our fancy-schmancy Fargo wine glass.
Keep up the great social distancing and stay safe out there. We hope to all be shopping at our favorite stores and sitting down to dinner together again, but for now let’s keep supporting our local favorites! If you do venture out, be sure to sport one of these shirts with your mask and gloves. 6 feet, people!!
Signing off, until next time!
Written by: Anna Erickson
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org // 701-526-3835