Remain paws-itive! Spring is coming and we know you (and your fur baby) are itching to be outside! It’s no secret that Fargo-Moorhead is home to some of the best people with the best pets. When those old dog days of Fargo-Moorhead get to be too much, here are some fun activities to do with your pets!
Here’s your perfect op-paw-tunity! Fargo-Moorhead is filled with amazing dog parks that are free to the public. Our advice? When visiting the dog parks be sure to walk the surroundings, checking the fencing and ground for any abnormalities prior to letting your pooch off leash. Most Fargo-Moorhead dog parks have a small dog and a large dog side available for our fur babies that maybe aren’t so fond of friends of different sizes. While you are there - hoomans will be sure to make friends with Fargonians and Moorheadites as well!
Notable Dog Parks:
- Brandt Crossing Park (5009 33rd Ave. S, Fargo)
- Dike East (100 2nd St. S, Fargo)
- Village West Park (4415 9th Ave. Circle S, Fargo)
- Yunker Farm Park (1201 28th Ave. N, Fargo)
- Moorhead Dog Park (2600 15th Ave. N, Moorhead)
Fargo is home to many public parks that you can walk your leashed pet through! No matter the season Fargo-Moorhead Parks are sure to be breath-taking. Be sure to pick up after your pet and watch out for those pesky squirrels! Our favorite walking trail: Lindenwood Park that connects across the river to Moorhead’s Gooseberry Park. Head there in the fall for some stunning sights!
Fargo-Moorhead Doggie Daycares are booming with new places for dogs to play during the workday! Here are just a few of the options for dog boarding and daycares:
- Fetchers (3521 39th St S, Fargo, ND 58104)
- Doggy Depot (3224 8th St. S, Moorhead)
- Eddie and Barkus (3060 Thunder Rd. S, Fargo)
- Prairie Dog (5370 51st Ave. S. Ste. B, Fargo)
- Rovers Playhouse (3405 Main Ave, Fargo)
- Sheyenne River Kennels (1149 Center St, West Fargo)
- South Bark (4035 40th Ave. S, Fargo)
- Yuppy Puppy Dog Hotel and Daycare (305 70th Ave. S, Moorhead)
- Home Away from Home (5390 S 51st Ave suite a, Fargo, ND 58104)
Fargo-Moorhead’s food scene is something to drool over. We started looking into all the places we could dine with our pooch (this might’ve been the most fun for our dog to research with us). We came across a lot of patios - yes, we know it’s seasonal BUT spring is coming! Here’s what we dug up:
- Wurst Bier Hall (630 1st Ave. N, Fargo)
- Vinyl Taco (520 1st Ave. N, Fargo)
- Pounds (612 1st Ave. N, Fargo)
- JL Beers (518 1st Ave. N, Fargo & 810 13th Ave. E, West Fargo)
- Rosey’s Bistro & Bar (212 Broadway N, Fargo)
- Fort Noks Bar of Gold (52 Broadway N, Fargo)
- Red Raven Espresso Parlor (916 Main Ave., Fargo)
- Wild Terra Cider and Brewing (6 12th St. N, Fargo)
- Lucky’s 13 Pub (4301 17th Ave. S, Fargo)
- Fargo Cork ‘N Cleaver (3301 S University Dr, Fargo)
- Herd & Horns (1414 12th Ave. N, Fargo)
- Cherry Berry (1100 19th Ave. N, Fargo)
- Moorhead Dairy Queen (24 S. 8th St., Moorhead)
- Spicy Pie (745 31st Ave. E #110, West Fargo)
We know Fargo-Moorhead is really cold - even for our furriest of friends. Looking to burn off some of your pet’s energy without getting frostbite? We looked into all the indoor locations to take your pet during our never ending Fargo winter months:
- Scheels - Well behaved pets are always allowed in Scheels! Not only do they price match their wide variety of toys BUT they also will hook your pet up with a free Scheels bandana and a treat!
- Fleet Farm - Fleet Farm welcomes well behaved pets on leashes for walks through their wide aisles. With the wide variety of toys, treats and pet products - it is a great walk for owners and fur babies!
- Home Depot - One of many hardware stores that are happy to welcome leashed dogs on your home improvement expedition!
- Rocket Dog K-9 Aquatic & Wellness Center - The newest splash pad in Fargo-Moorhead! Complete with an indoor pool for sporting, competition, therapy dogs and recreation fun! We had to check this one out for ourselves - stay tuned for our feature of Rocket Dogs next week!
- Michaels - All Michaels Stores are pet friendly for well-behaved leashed friends! Crafting with critters - count us in!
- Lowe's - Pets are allowed in all Lowe's locations but the owner must remain in control of the pet at all times!
- Breweries - Check out our next section!
Alright, we know we already wrote the Ultimate Guide to Fargo-Moorhead Breweries BUT stick with us here…..breweries AND dogs. What else could you ask for! We reached out to the breweries around town to get their take on the four-legged friends and here’s what we found:
- Drekker Brewing Company - Allowed in the back barrel room & patio
- Junkyard Brewing Company - Allowed on patio
- Fargo Brewing Company - Allowed on patio
- Flatland Brewing Company - Not allowed (darn health department regulations!)
- Drumconrath Brewing Company - Allowed if well behaved
Treat. Yo. Self. Treat. Yo. Pet. We all love spoiling our fur babies so we went out to discover the sweet treats that are safe for your pet to eat! Whether it’s actual dog treats, the basic of cups or a hooman favorite - here’s what we found:
- Starbucks - Puppuccino (cup filled with whipped cream - ask your barista for one!)
- Natural Pet Center - Variety of dog treats, toys and pet necessities!
- Hotdog! Pet Salon - Full-service grooming, treats, pet wares & self serve baths!
- Dairy Queen - Pup Cup (Cup consists of ice cream, peanut butter and a dog treat)
- Culvers - Milk bone complete with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Sonic - Sonic Pup Cup (either whipped cream or vanilla soft serve ice cream)
- Petsmart - Variety of dog treats, toys and pet necessities! (Free treats at checkout!)
- PetCo - Variety of dog treats, toys and pet necessities! (Free treats at checkout!)
- Scheels - Leashed pets are always welcome at Scheels and if you head up to the customer service desk they will hook you up with a bandana and a treat!
Do you know some Fargonians that moved away? Do they have a Fargo fur baby? Well, we’ve tracked down the Fargo-Moorhead hotels that allow both to come visit this paw-some city again! Here are the list of dog friendly hotels:
- Red Roof Inn - Two pets up to 80 lbs are welcome for no additional fee! We are starting a petition to make this the Red Ruff Inn! (1921 44th St. SW, Fargo, ND 58103)
- Clubhouse Hotel & Suites - Both cats and dogs are allowed with no additional fee. Free dog treats and a $10 puppy package with treats, a rented pet bed and bowls are available at the front desk! (4400 15th Ave. S, Fargo, ND 58103)
- Element by Westin - Two dogs up to 35 lbs are allowed for a fee. Treats, beds, bowls and waste bags are available! Cats are not permitted. (925 19th Ave. E, West Fargo, ND 58078)
- Kelly Inn - One pet of any size or two pets of up to 75 lbs are welcome for no additional fee! (4207 13th Ave. SW, Fargo, ND 58103)
- La Quinta Inn & Suites - Dogs, cats and birds are allowed! Grassy areas with waste stations are available on the property! (2355 46th St. S, Fargo, ND 58104)
- Best Western Inn & Suites - Allows both cats and dogs with treats available at the front desk and grassy areas in the front and back! (1767 S 44th St. Fargo, ND 58103)
- Home2 Suites by Hilton - Allows two pets of any size for a fee of $25 per stay. Several pet relief areas on the property and pets may be left in the room unattended. (1652 44th St. S, Fargo, ND 58103)
We are pretty paw-ssionate about fur babies! We hope that this helps you and your pets get out in the community to experience some of the wonderful things Fargo-Moorhead has to offer!
Until next time, stay warm Fargo!